Friday, November 25, 2011

Kitty Troubles & Thanksgiving Snoozes & Black Friday Traffic

Sam is sick and has lost about 10 lbs in the past 2 months.  Sam is a Texas sized kitty - Native Texan of course - he wasn't fat just 'tall'.   He went to the vet early Wed morning and had a blood test - they had to knock him out to get the blood - Sam wasn't and never has been a sweet lovable kitty at the vet's office. The vet best be getting in touch with me SOON!
 

Millie and Sam both have been snoozing in the living room with me in the afternoons instead of their usual places.  Although on Tuesday I found Sam under my bed several times during the day (very unusual for him).  And with one on the couch and the other curled up on the ottoman, I felt like eyes were watching me all day today - and they were -  all 4 eyes.  Maybe they know the next earthquake is about to rattle our house - I have to laugh because I haven't felt one yet and we've had a few minor ones here in north Texas (or so 'they' claim). 

They both had fun with the furrmenator Thanksgiving evening after I got home from a nice family Thanksgiving dinner.  Traveling an hour isn't bad at all.  I sure enjoy my kitty family.

Today was a lazy day on purpose.  I had to prepare myself mentally and emotionally before I braved the Black Friday traffic this morning while waiting on the vet to call.  But I needed - well not me exactly - kitty litter.   So I got a few Christmas treats while I was there and then around 9:30am, it started getting crowded so I left quickly (yes I paid first).  Feeling brave, I made a small detour to the Allen Antique Mall to browse and stroll a bit.  That was nice but then they started getting busy too so I fled to the safety of my house to watch my kitties nap some more.  And wait on the vet to call with results - I think they are getting tired of me calling BUT they did say they'd call early Friday and now it is late Friday and no word from the vet.  sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment